As good as people
- Māui has been proven to achieve human-competitive performance in both academic and commercial settings.
- Māui can be trained to mimic your experts indexing style. It can also be customised to extract expertise keywords.
- Works with your own classification, dictionary or thesaurus, or with Wikipedia.
What Māui can do for you
- Assign terms with a controlled vocabulary (taxonomy or thesaurus)
- Index subject headings
- Extract keywords and key phrases
- Link entities (index topics with terms from Wikipedia)
- Extract terminologies
- Generate automatic tagging
Experience and Expertise
Māui is an open-source software and the product of Dr. Alyona Medelyan’s many years of research while obtaining her Masters and PhD degrees at the University of Waikato. Alyona’s work has been published in numerous journal and conference proceedings and Māui has been used by thousands of developers worldwide.